 Local / United Kingdom / 4197
Re: TVLF 2000 Web page up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 12:56:23 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Huw Millington writes:

Count me in.

Good. See you there

I liked your idea of some form of speed competition. I have just acquired a
Technic timer, which is pretty cool. If there's interest we could conjure up
some rules.

Great. Though I am wrestling with the issues of achieving highest speed vs
hitting a brick wall at the end of the hall!
Could have a stationary test. which basically would be highest gearing
Or a sledge pull type thing which gets rid of the final speed. i.e. its the
highest speed with a very large weight to carry. Which would be a different
gearing.

Where did you get the timer? How much?

If the train layout is not likely to be subject to kicking, I'll bring my
MOC wagon collection & green diesel

I thought of having a two-layer train layout. One floor based for the type of
thing we did at Reddifest, backed by some tables onto which folks can also run
their fragile MOCs or items of value they dont want to be run by Railtrack.
Also run a rope across the front of the floor display so folks dont stumble
across it.

regards
lawrence