 Local / United Kingdom / 3355
Re: Anyone Fancy a Thames Valley Legofest?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 13:47:02 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Chris Dee writes:
Any time really, since I just missed out on the ReddiFest.

Not sure about the public - I recall some threads somewhere about stuff going
missing from the US train club meetings. Definitely keep fest-deals separate
from public forum - not even sure if it would be worthwhile trying to sell to
the public, based on car-boot sellers' evaluation of value? Might want to buy
though (include this in the publicity) !! Not sure what was done at the
Reddifest, but individual's table-top displays of related sets and/or MOCs
might be good for visitors and would avoid the mixing-up worry - again need to
be wary of theft.

Agreed. There had to be a huge amount of trust at things like reddifest
considering the value and amount of stuff that was lying around unattended
most of the day

Thats why I suggested a roped off area for displays, and permanently manned
tables.

Definitely continue with train - with more floor-space, a clear marking system
and security, I'd bring some 9V. Maybe integrated with a big town setup -
multiples of the 1980s houses would be good (I could supply 4x6370 and singles
of some others) and plenty of roadways. Perhaps only the main models (which
would be easy to mark on the underside) to avoid confusion of the associated
vehicles. Possibly one Airport but with more baseplates for a realistic runway
layout?

Would love a BIG town. I want to see an integrated transport system with
train, plane, monorail and bus. e.g. monrail from downtown train station
connecting to the airport, etc. I have several runway plates. Always wanted to
build a big Airport terminal (sorry, seem to be into BIG at present - see my
BIG metro terminus station, and I am working on a BIG castle)
And some BIG skyscrappers please (whos got the windows?)

An auction hour (outside of public opening) sounds good - I'm not too bothered
about a big crowd for this, as at previous Fests there seems to have been a
fairly altruistic approach to deals between attendees - I'd like to see this
attitude continue.

It just struck me at reddifest that something a bit more organised might help
oil the wheels of lego commerce.

regards
lawrence
Chris