 Local / United Kingdom / 3341
Re: Anyone Fancy a Thames Valley Legofest?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 08:06:12 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Richard Franks writes:
The other two countries being looked at are Holland and
Germany (ie - they have people actively pricing up accomedation, halls, nearby
attractions (for those bringing family), etc).

If they are already up and running, then perhaps we should let them go ahead
this year. I cant see the demand for more than one Eurofest in the 2nd half of
2000.

I am happy to go ahead with organising a thames valley one and would like
feedback on the original post in this thread.

Of course being not too far from Heathrow and Legoland there may be some
Europeans who fancy coming. Is it just their attendance that makes it a
eurofest? What other 'special' characteristics make it a Eurofest anyway other
than a positive initiative to invite the whole of Europe - who are always
welcome anyway?

So far, the input has been hold it in September - so that there is a legofest
every 3 months.

I can imagine that making the event in August might, just might, be more
attractive as a Eurofest as some of the foreign visitors might make a mini-
holiday out of it and bring the family in school holidays.

regards
lawrence