 Local / Deutschland / 627
Re: "Borrowed" Lamborghini Diablo design on Ebay.de
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de
Date:
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 23:11:43 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Anders Isaksson writes:
As far as I can see, not a brick is the same in the two constructions! Just
because yours is the first one you've seen in Lego, you shouldn't believe
everyone is copying that. The car that you both are modelling is the same,
right?

Taking a look at both constructions, I definitely
see a lot of similarities abounding between both
models, so I find it very difficult for anyone
to argue that this isn't a copy, In which I
believe it is.

For the record, here's what I found to be similar.

1. Similar Headlight construction
2. The back wheel wells are almost emulated
3. Area between both wheels looks the same
4. Windshield construction very similar
5. Inner seating area looks close to the same.
6. Front hood and lights are copies
7. Very similar front bumper construction

The only differences were really subtle, like
the lack of radar dishes near the back bumper,
different motor construction and a few wheel
modifications.

One can argue both models are so similar because
they are at the same scale and the same model,
but I find those arguments to be egregious. Why?
There are so many ways in which to differentiate
design, I find it difficult that out of the many
combinations of building techniques, nine out of
ten would match with Brams model.

I'm not sure, but I would reccommend
sending a friendly email to the builder. (who
knows, he might just have been inspired by
your model and tried a hand at it himself.
If so, he did a good job with the copy. :)

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Fellow lego enthusiast
O s p r e y