 Marketplace / Auctions / 9670
Re: "Borrowed" Lamborghini Diablo design on Ebay.de
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de
Date:
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 11:23:41 GMT

About this copying thing; has anybody thought of the copyrigt from
Lamborghini  company??  :)
Some of you try to make money on their nice design and well known name.

But I'll agree with Matthias, both designs look a bit alike at first, but
with closer inspection there are many diffrenses. They look alike because
they both build in about the same scale and with Lego and have the same real
car as a model. So it not so suprising they look so alike.

But both look verry nice in my eyes.

Regards
Øyvind Steinnes

"Matthias Jaenichen" <mj@edv.jaenichen.biz> wrote in message
I am new here,

but what is it you actually complain about? SO having tried to copy your
design? Isn't that what happens every day in eBay that people sell things
they have not invented? They even swap parts and still claim that it is • the
same as set xxxx.

I would rather be proud than upset that people try to rebuild your design.
I'm not sure if either of you should feel uncomfortable. I doubt he evn
thought about SO beeing upset...

Send him a message and tell him that you are happy to see that otheres try
to rebuild your ideas. If he gets request for building instruction or • other
questions to redirect them to the "original" source ;-)

Reg.
Matthias

"Bram Lambrecht" <bram@cwru.edu> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Saw this on Brickshelf:
And found this to get a closer look at the design:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewItem&item=3102058611

Now compare the photos to these:
http://lego.bldesign.org/models/gallery/?n=10&i=dscn0966.jpg
http://lego.bldesign.org/models/gallery/?n=10&i=dscn1081.jpg
http://lego.bldesign.org/models/gallery/?n=10&i=dscn0991.jpg
http://lego.bldesign.org/models/gallery/?n=10&i=dscn1036.jpg

To me, it looks like he tried to copy my design as close as he could, • and
just
changed a few things to make his choice of wheels fit and remove the • motors.
I never got an email from him about it or anything.
Does anyone have any advice for me?  I don't know what to do...
--Bram

Bram Lambrecht
bram@cwru.edu
www.bldesign.org