 Marketplace / Auctions / 9687
Re: "Borrowed" Lamborghini Diablo design on Ebay.de
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de
Date:
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 05:21:53 GMT

Heavy. In my gut I know this kinda thing suckz. Its hard to put in words.
Bare with me. I'd be a little put off too if its true what you suspect. When
using Lego to represent certain shapes, contours and designs, for us, using
the various shapes and peices to achive a likeness, opens up the realm of
possibilities for given situations. Try to emulate a design with Lego, and
no doubt the many ways to interpret the design using slopes, plates etc...
fall into catagories of possibilities. Recognizeable solutions in Lego
design simularity.

So when a design is seen that someone else has made, the characteristics are
familair and it can be disconcerning. You recognize the design, me too.

So I feel for you. At this point all I can say is we would hope the
Gentleman System would be Honored, but with todays Web. oh boy....

I worry about the same issues, so I hear ya. In the end I've consigned
myself to the fact that there is only so much we can do. I guess it comes
down to how we control presenting our work. Tough thing. I'm mean I suppose
if that means limiting your exposure in order to have more stringent
controls that would suck.

Check this out, I was looking at the AOL picture of the year contest. So I
thought it would be a gas if I sent some wierd Lego Robot picture. Then I
started reading the Fine Print about the Release Agreement. Stuff like "we
reserve the right to reproduce in any media, technique or yet to be
determined craft, the image etc....blahh blaahhh, Legal speak etc.....

I was like "Ahh forget that!" Then I thought "shoot anybody could take or
modify my stuff from the pictures on Brick Shelf, not to mention my Web-Site.
So I loose anyway. Darn.

But then there is the sole comforting thought that makes some difference in
the face of the aforementioned:

You as the Creator, you that have made the work, your interpretation, your
render, how, by stroke, or blow. Only the orginal and that is what makes is so.

ok, I'm no authority so I'll leave it be.

Good luck.

www.mylegomaster.com