 Marketplace / Auctions / 9706
Re: "Borrowed" Lamborghini Diablo design on Ebay.de
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de
Date:
Tue, 31 Dec 2002 14:49:44 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Bram Lambrecht writes:
Consider Dan Siskind's
Blacksmith Shop for example.  How do you think he would have felt if Lego
didn't give him credit and a nice check when they started selling a modified
version of his design?

That's funny. When I started reading this thread, the first thing I thought
of was "I bet Daniel Siskund would be upset if his blacksmith shop was
ripped off and sold."

I think it really sucks that your idea was ripped off and sold, especially
seeing how much the seller got for it, but you can't really do much about it
unfortunately. What can you do? Keep displaying your designs, maybe make a
disclaimer that you would be unhappy if your ideas are stolen and sold and
hope some people respect that. I suppose you could also make more complex
models with lower quality pictures, but that would ruin things for everybody
so it's not really a good option.

Nothing you can do and nothing I can suggest. All I can do is agree and say,
"Yeah, that sucks."