 Marketplace / Auctions / 9700
Re: "Borrowed" Lamborghini Diablo design on Ebay.de
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de
Date:
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 01:50:07 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Matthew Gerber writes:
Probably not what you want to hear, but I think that the two designs are
quite different enough from each other...different enough to believe that
the one for auction is a completely unique design, created without knowledge
of yours. After all, it's not like the car isn't one of the most famous
designs in the world, right?

I agree completely.  Plus, I am not really sure it matters whether the
auctioned model is an original from the ground up or a derivative work based
on Bram's design -- if there are sufficient differences to distinguish it
from Bram's then they are not the same design.

Others have already mentioned how posting works online opens one up to these
kinds of activities so I guess if Bram is going to be annoyed about this
kind of thing Bram needs to pull back from that kind of image sharing.

BTW, an almost perfectly analogous area of possible research would be the
law surrounding the copyright of computer type, or "fonts."

If Bram is truly concerned about these kinds of issues he needs to pull his
whole site down right now.  I assume he has neither the time nor the
resources to actually pursue these issues into court, and even if he did I
am pretty sure he is not going to get the results he might desire.

-- Hop-Frog