 Local / Australia / 13754
Re: Announcing Brickvention 2006!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2006 22:18:49 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Peter Parsons wrote:
   Tim I thought those comments were a wee bit harsh mate as I too thought the $50 rego was a little extreme. We (BLTG) had a disscussion this weekend while we were at a train show at Sandgate and we came up with the figures of about $1000 plus spending for each of us to go down and have a look. This is a lot of money (someone actually said all of there Lego spending money for the year) to invest early when we have not seen enough of a program yet as to what is going to be there?

I know that convention space is pricy but I would like to see a much more detailed program / Itimary of the weekend events before I could justify booking flights and accomodation. I am sure you understand the logistics of travelling from Brisbane to Melbourne (return) for a weekend. We had about 6 of us who were showing interest but after we pulled the travel details from the net it went very luke warm.

That’s all from me but in ending $50 is high when we don’t know what we are getting for that money.

Cheers Peter

Unfortuantly the venue prices in both Melbourne and Sydney are pretty expensive, and due to the fact the venue needs to be close to transport and accomadation, this only increases the price. The Melbourne uni site is a good $1000 dollars cheaper than the next viable option.

On the plus side, if Ben is under 18, it is only $25 for him.

Another option would be to see if any Melbourne AFOL’s are willing to put you up for the weekend. If I do move into a bigger place in April/May, I would be more than happy to put up a few people (I currently live in a tiny bedsit). But a few of the others do have room and may be able to help out.

Rosco has listed some of program options currently avaliable, And this is only the start, If there is any thing you would like to see , Let us know and we will see what we can do (Dirty brickster just came to mind). I would love to see some of the Brisbane people down, even if you do not bring the impressive layout, it would be nice to meet some of you face to face.

Aaron A