 Local / Australia / 13750
Re: Announcing Brickvention 2006!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.events
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2006 21:11:35 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin wrote:

How good will it be? Well, you’ll never never know, if you never never go.

My answer would be “As good as you want to make it!” ;)

Please, if anyone has ideas for what would make this “good enough” for them to outweigh any travel etc costs, let us know!

Currently planned are:
  • Space display with moonbase;
  • Train layout(s) (we’d love to have B-LTG but obviously that is a long way to bring your layout);
  • Town area, for all those neat buildings that won’t fit on a train layout;
  • Lots of other MOC areas
  • Presentations:
    -Building
    -Ldraw
    -POVRay
    -Keynote from our Aussie LEGO Ambassador
    -What would you like to see?
  • Contests:
    -Timed build
    -Themed build
    -Lucky door
    -Robotics(sumo)
    -What would you like to see?
  • Trade tables for you to buy/sell LEGO
  • Play tables for kids
This is not an exhaustive list, and the details are not yet finalised, so we have not posted details on the website yet. If you feel you can contribute with any of these, or have any other ideas, please let us know on info@brickventures.com Very soon the organisers of the various areas will be posting more specific information, and requests for contributors.

ROSCO