 Local / Australia / 13745
Re: Announcing Brickvention 2006!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2006 12:35:17 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Peter Parsons wrote:
   In lugnet.loc.au, Timothy Gould wrote:
   In lugnet.loc.au, Peter Edwards wrote:
   In lugnet.loc.au, Ross Crawford wrote:
   Well folks, it’s finally here! The first all-Australian public LEGO fan expo, Brickvention 2006!

Hmmm, $50.00 (+travel +accomodation), you are not exactly rolling out the welcome mat.

Are you wanting some exhibits or just vendors?

You do realise that you actually have to pay for convention space don’t you? Or did you think it was going to be held in someones backyard?

Tim

Tim I thought those comments were a wee bit harsh mate as I too thought the $50 rego was a little extreme. We (BLTG) had a disscussion this weekend while we were at a train show at Sandgate and we came up with the figures of about $1000 plus spending for each of us to go down and have a look. This is a lot of money (someone actually said all of there Lego spending money for the year) to invest early when we have not seen enough of a program yet as to what is going to be there?

I know that convention space is pricy but I would like to see a much more detailed program / Itimary of the weekend events before I could justify booking flights and accomodation. I am sure you understand the logistics of travelling from Brisbane to Melbourne (return) for a weekend. We had about 6 of us who were showing interest but after we pulled the travel details from the net it went very luke warm.

That’s all from me but in ending $50 is high when we don’t know what we are getting for that money.

Cheers Peter

Hi Peter,

I agree my comment was rude and had it not been 2am for me when I wrote it I probably wouldn’t have posted it but I will stand by the point because it was in response to something that was extremely rude. You have said much the same thing as Peter Edwards but in a polite manner and in no way would I respond rudely to it. He may think that $50 is too much for the convention but I think that free is a bloody bargain for good manners.

Tim