 Local / Australia / 12910
Re: TRU specials
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 28 Nov 2004 07:43:32 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Matthew Payne wrote:

   Hey folks,

Does the tub come with old greys or new greys? As a 2004 set I would guess new ones but peeron lists it as having the old ones.

Cheers
Matthew

Just in case no one has clarified it yet. The tubs found in North America so far (yes, here in Canada too :-D have been mostly old greys in the tubs with occasional new grey bits in the bonus boxes. There have been four or five different numbers that I know of on the side of the tub next to the bar code and perpendicular to the text there.

The ones with 3534 have the new colours in the tub and tend to have 5 nearly identical bags in the box, which some have found to be a less exciting collection. The 2714 and 2814 have the old greys in the tub and considerable variation in the box contents. They are very different from the 3534, but similar (relatively speaking) to each other. These three are available in North America

The tubs in Australia (thus far) have been 3314 (in 2 Perth TRU locations) and I recall seeing someone mention 3214 in the east. The 3314 tub contains old greys and the box seems to be similar (again relatively) to the 2714 and 2814, ie. a good selection (or ‘sweet box of joy’ as someone put it IIRC). Perhaps one of you Eastern Australians could comment on the 3214?

I’d like to thank Braith Garden and Jonathan Wilson for their gracious hospitality on my recent visit to Perth, thus enabling me to post with some authority on the subject. Please add, correct and or clarify further as necessary.

Peace and bonuses,

Ley, aka Professor Whateverly