 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5114
Re: How closely do TLC check the builder of the month entries?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 21:04:22 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, William R. Ward writes:
"Jake McKee" <jacob.mckee@america.lego.com> writes:
Wow. I am catching up on some LUGNET reading and have made my way through
the latest posts in this thread. Some of these comments are pretty harsh.

My (Our) apologies for this mistake, and any confusion or upset it might
have caused. There are real people working on this project, and as such, we
make mistakes. We are working as fast as possible to get the problem fixed.

I think that it would be a big help if you could put in some sort of
"hotline" for reporting fraud.  There are obviously a number of LUGNET
users who visit the site regularly, and would be happy to report
problems of this nature, but there's no mechanism in place for them to
report it to LEGO in a timely fashion.

If you could set up an e-mail address that people could use to report
possible contest fraud, and have someone take prompt action, then I
think that the problem would largely disappear.

Even more so, adding a link below each entry which says "Report this entry
as a stolen photograph" may deter kids who are doing this.  Are there
ramifications for such action, like restricted access for offenders in
future contests??

-Tim