 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5075
Re: How closely do TLC check the builder of the month entries?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 16:28:44 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Jurgen Blok writes:
And what the story with the "GTA Riviera" that is essentially a copy of the
UCS Rebel Blockade Runner in other colors and some other parts? Should that
score points? Just by copying a lego set?

Actually, this model is Roger Rothhaar's RBR Derivative:

http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=19379

Roger is a great guy, but he ain't 15. This is another fake.

I like the idea of the builder's gallery, but maybe it should be shut down
if they can't get this stealing under control somehow...

btw - I've seen Roger's model in person, and Roger has done quite a lot of
extensive re-engineering and detailing of the original. It's a cool MOC.