 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5091
Re: How closely do TLC check the builder of the month entries?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sun, 1 Sep 2002 15:25:50 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Jurgen Blok writes:
If you switch back and forth between these images, you'll notice the May
winner's image is *SLIGHTLY* darker (watch ship's right hand side blue
walls near a corner to spot the difference a bit easier). Also verified
that the binary image files differ... Odd, no?

Yes, but that doesn't change the fact that these two images show the EXACT
same model that and the content of the image is also exactly the same;
binary difference or not :-)

So while it may not be the same image, it is the same image. Get the
picture? ;-)

Oh, I'm just puzzled by the fact that it happened at all... I would think
that if someone were submitting the same creation *again*, they'd use the
same picture-- or a completely different angle. I wouldn't think you'd do
something like lighten the image up a bit, and resubmit. IE I wouldn't
expect two *seperate* pictures to have come out so closely, I'd expect
something was done photo-editing wise, implying a conscious effort to change
the image JUST a bit.

My only thought on that was that it might be that Lego refuses images that
match existing winners, or images that match submissions by other members.
Hence, when trying to resubmit, was failed, and had to do *something* in
order of the image to be accepted. But that's a long shot. Apart from that,
though, I don't think I could come up with a theory as to why the images
would ever be different at all, unless they really *were* two seperately
photographed images. Or, I suppose two different *scans* of the same
physical photograph... That's a possibility I guess...

DaveE