 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5080
Re: How closely do TLC check the builder of the month entries?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 19:48:53 GMT

Thanks Paul and Bruce for clearing the RBR mistery up. So there is something
fishy going on, but not by the original builder  ;-)

Now that you'ved mentioned it, I do remember seeing the Riviera on
Brickshelf. It's a great model, no question about that, but I just thought
entering a copy or a slightly upgraded version of an existing lego set was
not right. I now know that the builder didn't enter it and that someone else
has indeed gone a step further by stealing an model from a fellow builder
and entering that.

I have no idea how different the Riviera is from the RBR because I've seen
neither of them in real life, let alone, next to each other. To the
untrained eye it's the same with some different parts, but I'm sure I'm very
wrong after reading what Paul wrote ;-)

So if I've offended anyone (esp Roger Rothhaar), I offer them my sincere
appologies. It was not my intention to acuse anyone of scamming when they
have had no part in it.

Bye,
Jurgen