 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5096
Re: How closely do TLC check the builder of the month entries?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 20:22:59 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Bruce Hietbrink writes:
The stolen picture won.  Check out the winners page:
http://www.lego.com/build/gallery/halloffame.asp
I guess cheating works.

I assume that it's someone at LEGO who's responsible for updating this page
which leaves me with a couple of questions:

Do they not bother to even look at the page to make sure that it's been
updated correctly?  And if they did look at the page to verify the updates
then why was it not immediately apparent that the August and May winners
were exactly the same picture?

I can cut them some slack for not launching an investigation into the
authenticity of each and every entry submitted but to name as a winner the
same picture you selected three months ago and then display them on the same
webpage virtually side-by-side is just plain sloppy. And just a little bit
amusing.

Chuckling through the sighs,
Greg