 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3629
Re: Goodbye Lego and thanks for all the bricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 00:14:23 GMT

I'm gonna stick my nose in here, and say I agree whole hartedly.
besides that you can now save money :-) I haven't bought anything from lego
in aprox 9 monthes. of coarse I'm going into my dark ages, so you might have
different results with not getting lego sets.

my point being is that this isn't completely bad.

Gary

Lawrence Wilkes <lawrence@thewilkesfamily.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

"Allan Bedford" <apotomeREMOVE-THIS@altavista.net> wrote in message • news:GMn6Cr.5y0@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.general, Lawrence Wilkes writes:
2002 catalogue. Oh dear, dear, dear. Where did it all go so wrong?

Sorry, I am disappointed so much I cant even be bothered to tell you • why.

Lawrence... if I may make a suggestion....

Take a moment (or two) to tell the company exactly what it is that's
bothering you about the catalog.  Make it positive, but don't be afraid • to
be stern.

Simply telling them that you're unhappy does not give them the • opportunity
to fix things.  They need input and direction.

They have had all the input and direction they need via Lugnet.
My thoughts aren't too dissimilar to many others here.

I can't see Lego having reacted positively to the points that I and others • have raised here many times.
But that's Lego's choice if they choose to ignore it.

Anyway, as I said I am so disappointed in Lego these days I cant be • bothered to tell them anymore as it seems to fall on
deaf ears.

I am the customer. It is not my job to tell them what to build - well • certainly not over and over ad infinitum as we
seem to here.
If I dont like what they produce then I will simply take my custom and my • money elsewhere.
Their loss.
But I guess I just don't fit into their target market profile much any • more, so they probably don't care.

I am confident that they can change things. They would have to work • pretty
hard to continue the slide they're on now.  :)

Sorry, but I cannot agree.
The 2002 catalog seems to just reinforce the fact they are sliding from • construction toy to action toy maker.
I dont want action toys. But if I did then there are far, far, far better • ones out there than Lego are making.

And I dont think Lego want to change this trend. It seems to be working • for them as a company, so good luck to them.
Profit seems the only motivation nowadays, and I dont totally disagree • with that sentiment either. They are not a
charity. Nor am I

It's just that me and Lego seem to be on diverging paths. The only part • that interests me anymore is bulk bricks and
some aspects of Lego Direct (like trains), yet that seems way down their • list of priorities.

I can carry on building MOCs with the bricks I have of course, but without • something new once in a while to excite me, I
might end up loosing interest in that too.

lawrence