 General / 34040
Re: Goodbye Lego and thanks for all the bricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 15:08:57 GMT

In lugnet.general, John P. Henderson writes:
In lugnet.general, Allan Bedford writes:
I don't *want* to buy Megablocks... I want to buy LEGO sets of the same
calibre.  However, until the current quality matches the once golden
reputation I will be very careful how I spend my dollars.

Mmm.  Well.  At least it is only the set design, and not the product itself
that has our opinions on the downslope. ...Whoa!  Now you hold on there TLC!
Don't you dare think about changing your recipe for high precision molded ABS!!

Disagree.

Seems like in the last year or two, I've experienced (and heard about) many
more problems with the bricks - warped pieces, mismolded parts, parts
without 'clutch power' - than in previous years.

I think LEGO has definitely cut corners in the QA department.  And it's
noticeable to the consumer.

Steve