 General / 34041
Re: Goodbye Lego and thanks for all the bricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 19:14:28 GMT

In lugnet.general, Steve Bliss writes:
Seems like in the last year or two, I've experienced (and heard about) many
more problems with the bricks - warped pieces, mismolded parts, parts
without 'clutch power' - than in previous years.

I think LEGO has definitely cut corners in the QA department.  And it's
noticeable to the consumer.

My own experience does not reflect this.  The last time I found a QA
problem was with a few long 2X plates that were warped slightly and thus
connected poorly -oddly enough this was in what now is considered one of the
all time best sets -the 6990 Monorail Transport System- a set that is by no
means recent.

HOWEVER, if there is any truth to such claims of QA issues (which I cannot
confirm or deny), then TLC best be reading this thread.  The reliability and
durability of their bricks and elements was the reason I have given for
collecting, since age 6.  A deterioration in element quality would
irreparably change such an opinion for many of us here, and would prevent
the next generation from developing into AFOLs.

-H.