 General / 33998
Re: Goodbye Lego and thanks for all the bricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 21:19:10 GMT

In lugnet.general, Lawrence Wilkes writes:
2002 catalogue. Oh dear, dear, dear. Where did it all go so wrong?

Sorry, I am disappointed so much I cant even be bothered to tell you why.

I heard Lego are developing a new operating system for their new line of
Lego Notebook computers. I think their called Brickpads or something..

I'm Kidding.

Microsoft doesnt make plastic construction bricks, Lego doesnt need to get
involved in computer software.
The further away from bricks and good sets they go, the further the demise
of Lego.

I share a lot of the sentiment that Lawrence expresses, I hardly have an
interest in Lego anymore, I can walk in and out of stores without even
caring whats happening in the toys area - because I know all the lego items
are crap anyhow. Looks like this will continue for another year also. By
then who knows I might even forget what Lego is <g>

The only recent purchases I've made are from S@H, and these are the older
Legend sets too. Back when a brick was a brick, and a few dozen bricks made
a good set.

I just hope Lego the corporation gives some indication that they know whats
going wrong and why their profits are sliding downhill, this is bad business
when you think about it - easily identified brand, a name that almost every
child grows up with, a tradition and a reputation that ensures quality and
virutally no real competition (until a few years ago anyhow).

Profits? nah lets go for fancy gadgets and instant satisfaction products.
Tsk tsk lego.

Santosh