 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *2149 (-20)
  Re: Why do Lego rip off UK customers ?

"Duq" <Duq@nlgateway.net> wrote in message news:GA27FI.7AB@lugnet.com... (...) get (...) check (...) The question is WHO is doing the ripping off. In the magazine case there is probably some importer who is marking up the prices, over which the (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Polybag Racks (was: Shopping Anecdote and Suggestions (Long))

(...) A big "me too"!!! I have argued almost the exact opposite of Bradley's post in the past. The only way I could agree with Bradley's sentiment is if TLC packaged stuff separately -- that is different packages for the structures, vehicles, minis. (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Polybag Racks (was: Shopping Anecdote and Suggestions (Long))

(...) Gack no please don't listen to this suggestion... The cheap polybag sets are useful for those who want to build up decent numbers of minifigs. Frank (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: What Kids really want. Not Juniorization.

Pter & All, (...) Yes, we are. But I think it is because of the love of the brick, as opposed to senseless bashing. I am trying to look at the better side, there are things changing, I hope it will be continuing to. (...) I have not bought any yet, (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: What Kids really want. Not Juniorization.

(...) We are a critical bunch sometimes. I brought up the 'air' content, since MB boxes are reasonably 'air free', and the comparison between the two was happening. My partner bought our niece a Belville set and seriously questioned the value. TLC (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: What Kids really want. Not Juniorization.

Pete, (...) Well, sarcasm aside, there is a marketing ploy there, and a lot of companies do it (Mattel, etc.) I don't like the packaging any better, but I think there are more important issues to take care of first. There are a lot of issues that I (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: What Kids really want. Not Juniorization.

(...) Plus the transportation costs of moving large boxes of air, only partly filled with ABS. Any need to make the boxes as large as they do ? Unless they want consumers to think there is more inside than there is. Parents buy Lego, children open (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Why do Lego rip off UK customers ?

OK, so you guys are being ripped off when it comes to Lego and Cars. You get the best computer and music magazines at decent prices. Ever cared to check what overseas rates are? Q magazine: 2.80 in the UK, which is 8.63 DM. Q in a german shop will (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: What Kids really want. Not Juniorization.

And the random Darth Vader, or something. (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: What Kids really want. Not Juniorization.

Wait, what do you mean by construction sets? Speaking of myself, personally, I can't stand dump trucks 'n stuff. I'm confused. (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: What Kids really want. Not Juniorization.

I don't remember caring much what kind of bags they were in. As long as they ended up looking like what was on the outside of the box when the building was done! I think I actually preferred the items sorted by type, as opposed to sub-assembly (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: What Kids really want. Not Juniorization.

To All, (...) Well, I think ABS is a costlier plastic than whatever MegaBloks is made out of. That is the major difference between Lego and Megabloks / Best Lock, is it not? There are so many factors to consider also, like labor, plant costs, taxes, (...) (24 years ago, 11-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: What Kids really want. Not Juniorization.

(...) I think that is a godd idea, too! (...) I kind of doubt that they are overpricing us. (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: What Kids really want. Not Juniorization.

(...) That's brilliant! Except, I wouldn't mind them branching into software and other material if they were as good as the Big Mac. You have to remember quality over quantity... . Or, something like that! I actually wouldn't mind buying Lego (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: What Kids really want. Not Juniorization.

Don't forget Fisher Price. Lego isn't the only company that these companies are gunning for. You'd be surprised how little Lego has to worry about competition. Bad management, maybe... I think it would be a bad idea for Lego to specificly target (...) (24 years ago, 11-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: What Kids really want. Not Juniorization.

(...) Nintendo and Sony didn't try and get into the pizza business. (24 years ago, 11-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: What Kids really want. Not Juniorization.

A "better" idea, but I don't think it would work. (...) (24 years ago, 11-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

Kyle D. Jackson <flightdeck@sympatic...mblock.ca> wrote in message news:G9uz3L.MH@lugnet.com... (...) Hi Kyle - The goal of a survey of this type is to show that Juniorization is not what parents and kids want. In some email I had exchanged with (...) (24 years ago, 11-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Why do Lego rip off UK customers ?

Example 1 pack of 4515 (Straight Rails) on the UK shop @ home is £12.99 Today on Expedia 12.99 British pounds sterling = 40.06 German Deutsche marks So how come 1 pack of 4515 on the German shop @ home only cost 29 Deutsche marks Also 12.99 British (...) (24 years ago, 11-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Polybag Racks (was: Shopping Anecdote and Suggestions (Long))

I like this idea, put minifigs in bubblegum machines. Every store has a set with at least 4 or 6 machines. And if you've got cats, you can use the little plastic cases they come in for cat toys, that's a win win situation for me :) If course, I'd (...) (24 years ago, 11-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact