 Inventories / 265 (-20)
  Re: Peeron inventories

(...) Dave: It is not my purpose to be insulting; I call things like I see them. I am almost 60 and I was a little less blunt when I was 30. Now at this age, I call black black and white white. I have been 30 and was a bit less direct. I doubt that (...) (18 years ago, 8-Mar-07, to lugnet.inv)

  Re: Peeron inventories

John, I'm sorry to say this, but I think part of the problem is that you're being very insulting. It doesn't make people want to help you when you start accusing them and telling them they're incompetant. (...) I have found that to be untrue. I have (...) (18 years ago, 8-Mar-07, to lugnet.inv)

  Re: Peeron inventories

(...) Because there is a financial interest in the BrickLink inventories, they tend to get more interest from people who want them to accurately reflect what's in the box. There some feature of BL inventories that I don't think are available on (...) (18 years ago, 8-Mar-07, to lugnet.inv)

  Re: Peeron inventories

John, (...) I hope that you have professional help with dealing with this condition. (...) Before you said it was 95% but here you state it is 90%. Which is it? Could this percentage is hyperbole? If the problem rate is so high, can you post which (...) (18 years ago, 8-Mar-07, to lugnet.inv)

  Re: Peeron inventories

I don't know if this will mean anything. Ok, I have been watching this subject for a while. To make a long story short I have and still collect sets from different Markets over the world, such as Asia, Europe, The Americas (Canada,North America, (...) (18 years ago, 8-Mar-07, to lugnet.inv)

  Re: Peeron inventories

(...) Dan:I sent the corrections to you and they are still going to the person that was doing them before. I can send them all to you if you want. I do not know how you can veryify these as I do from the actual sets. At most the wrong ones were (...) (18 years ago, 8-Mar-07, to lugnet.inv)

  Re: Peeron inventories

(...) I did not think that there was a problem because I would go with the inventory on Peeron, not building all the sets. But once I started building them and checking the problem appeared. I was doing this because I wanted to make sure that my (...) (18 years ago, 8-Mar-07, to lugnet.inv)

  Re: Peeron inventories

(...) John, I got your email 2 days ago, and was trying to find out more details before replying to you. These 1000 emails you sent? Where did you send them to? When? In the past month, I see you sent something like 6 emails to inv@peeron.com? You (...) (18 years ago, 8-Mar-07, to lugnet.inv)

  Re: Peeron inventories

(...) I have inventoried about 900 sets so far. What I do is to print the inventory on Peeron. Check it against what is in my set (most of which I bought and kept myself since 1974), compare the pieces against peeron and then built the item. I think (...) (18 years ago, 8-Mar-07, to lugnet.inv)

  Re: Peeron inventories

(...) Agreed, Orion. I've never submitted an inventory, but I've had occasion to double-check sets against what's listed on Peeron, and haven't had anywhere near the results stated above. The only inconsistency I've found have been in the "extra (...) (18 years ago, 8-Mar-07, to lugnet.inv)

  Re: Peeron inventories

(...) Is that 95% of the total? I must say, I'm entirely satisfied with the accuracy of the Peeron inventories, but then, I'm only referencing a very small selection. If your claim isn't about 95% of the total, could you clarify what your sample is? (...) (18 years ago, 8-Mar-07, to lugnet.inv)

  Re: Peeron inventories

(...) This is a pretty strong statement. Being someone who has submitted an inventory in the past, I'm curious to know exactly what is wrong with them. -Orion (18 years ago, 8-Mar-07, to lugnet.inv)

  Peeron inventories

I still have not heard from Dan, but I am finding that 95% of the inventories are incorrect. I would suggest not to go by the inventories on Peeron as I have now sent in 1000 emails with corrections and pictures and most are just sitting there not (...) (18 years ago, 7-Mar-07, to lugnet.inv)

  Re: Interesting technic piece, possible town use

(...) That's a ZNAP part. It is LEGO. (URL) (18 years ago, 28-Feb-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.inv, lugnet.town)

  Interesting technic piece, possible town use

While wandering around Bricklink, I found this auction. (URL) Does anyone recognize the curved part in the lower left of the 3rd photo down? I am not nearly up to speed on technic parts as I should be. The curve appears to be made around a 3 stud (...) (18 years ago, 28-Feb-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.inv, lugnet.town)

  Re: peeron inventory corrections

Hi John-- Tim is correct, this probably belongs in a different Lugnet group such as lugnet.db.inv or lugnet.inv. Personally, I guess I'd recommend lugnet.inv, since I believe "lugnet.db" was generally more intended for database discussions rather (...) (18 years ago, 12-Feb-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.inv)

  Updated my Photo-Inventory Page

There are now over 80 sets broken out by their full contents in an easy to view listing. (dialup warning, it's a big one) (URL) all the photos can be browsed in my Brickshelf folder here. (slightly more dialup friendly) (URL) note: Almost 25 (...) (18 years ago, 13-Nov-06, to lugnet.inv)

  peeron inventories

I wrote awhile back complaining about the inventories at Peeron. I am happy to say that Clark has been taking my emails and correctingthe inventories and adding the pictures of sets and parts that I have been sending. I feel rather sorry for him as (...) (18 years ago, 6-Nov-06, to lugnet.inv)

  Re: Extra parts no longer consistent?

(...) Probably bad to reply to myself, but I've had a change in thought on the last comment I made above. I'm now thinking the sensitivity/tolerence of the scales (and other counting devices/methods) has been increased. The change in thought came (...) (18 years ago, 17-Oct-06, to lugnet.inv)

  Extra parts no longer consistent?

Lately, I've been noticing that the extra parts included with sets is no longer consistent. The extra parts in the set I have can be a lot dfferent than those listed in the inventories at Peeron or BrickLink. (I've also noticed differences in what (...) (18 years ago, 17-Oct-06, to lugnet.inv)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact