 General / 8150
Re: It's Time AFOL Take Action!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 17:29:47 GMT

In lugnet.build, Ian Sinclair writes:
It is time AFOL (`Adult Fans Of LEGO' for the new readers) take action
that prompts a change in the business practices of The Lego Group
(TLG).

How about a web page attached to Lugnet where you can answer these
questions that every company on the planet DOES WANT TO KNOW.  Leave
blank any questions you don't wish to answer.

You Name
Your Age
Your Occupation
Your Household Income
Your Address
Your Country
Years Collecting LEGO
Number of Children
Number that play with LEGO
Total Set Count
Current Piece Count (Estimate)
Estimate how much you spent last year on LEGO
Estimate how much you will spend this year on LEGO
Themes collected
Old Themes/sets most wanted again

And one short paragraph that explains how The LEGO Group could best
meet your needs as an adult purchaser of their products.

No bitching, just constructive criticism of their products, the themes
and the companies business practices.

What you are proposing sounds sort of like the Dear Lego newsgroup.  It just
needs to be used more frequently by a lot more of us.  I'm not aware of any
hard evidence that TLG reads (or reacts to) Dear Lego, but it couldn't hurt to
vent politely up there about these issues.

Me first...