 General / 8149
Re: My Lego Obsession & Philosophy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 17:28:04 GMT

Just brush aside their comments without another thought, with the
knowledge that your life is more enriched because you play with LEGO.

Better to play into old age, than to grow old and never play.

You know it!!!  I think one of the main reasons it took me so long to come out
of my dark ages was a fear of what people would think about me buying LEGO.
Now when a cashier says something like "Someone's going to have a happy
birthday" I just say "I am sure someone will but these are for me".  Then I
often get a wierd look and I just smile.

I know many of my co-workers, family, and friends think its crazy and a waist
of time and money but I really don't care anymore (except if its my Wife) and I
never thought I would be able to say that.  Besides to me their hobbies
would be a waist of time and money (although I don't tell them that).  This
hobby is great and the only way it can get better would be for TLG to recognize
us as a market segment and start marketing to our wants and desires.

Eric

Remove ".nospam" when replying by E-mail.

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/