 Robotics / 9955
Re: It's Time AFOL Take Action!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 16:00:00 GMT

Timothy D. Freshly writes:
> And this is the beginning of what I see as a vicious downward-spiralling
> circle - kids are more impatient, so TLG comes up with easier sets
> (presumably to keep kids from getting frustrated and going on to "easier"
> toys).

My son Eric, age 8, spent four straight hours assembling the Droid
Destroyer (technics, not mindstorms) he purchased with his Christmas
money.

> PS.  Star Wars appears to be the exception.  I hope that TLG realizes that
> the set design means as much (if not more) to their goods sales as does the
> Star Wars license.  The Star Wars line also shows that TLG can produce good
> sets (piece-wise and design-wise) at affordable prices.  Hopefully, this
> catches back on to other themes.

Oh, oops, maybe you're right.

--
-russ nelson <sig@russnelson.com>  http://russnelson.com
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | "Ask not what your country