 Robotics / 7869
Re: It's Time AFOL Take Action!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 03:57:42 GMT

On Nov. 02 99, 19:51 PST, "Dave Baum" <dbaum@spambgoneenteract.com>
wrote:

Probably could generate a really nice web interface where someone
could select the theme(s) they are interested, perhaps enter the
sets they own (remembered in the site database and accessed by a
cookie).  The site could then compute inventories and determine
which Virtual Sets could be built from the customer's existing
parts.  If the customer liked a different Virtual Set the site
could figure out what additional parts were required.

I actually worked on something like this briefly. I wanted to know
what sets and how much it would cost to get everything to build
the rubber band gun I designed (photos on my web site).

The problem of course, was getting a complete database of what
parts went into what sets. The ideal of course, would be to get
Lego to hand that over, after all, they *have* to know what they
put in the sets.

James Jessiman gave me a copy of his database of parts and the sets
they went in once, but it was by no means complete.

---
Chris Osborn                      FozzTexx Enterprises
707 226 7629 - Voice              2136 Coronado Ave.
707 581 1797 - Fax                Napa, CA 94559
<fozztexx@fozztexx.com>           <http://www.fozztexx.com/>