 General / 6048
Re: Some window questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 21:20:26 GMT

Gary Istok <gistok@umich.edu> writes:
And Bram,
you probably have a lot of those green shutters left over (by far the
most common shutter color from all those basic & bucket sets).  Too bad
we can't melt them down for green bricks!

Yep!  Although I don't have a whole lot of windows (if you look carefully
on my Fallingwater model, you'll notice 2 backwards red train windows
used instead of the regular 1x4x3 windows), I hardly ever use shutters
because they take up so much room.  (I like my windows closer together,
so I've finally bought more to go along with the six low slope roof
packages I bought a while back)

Ya know what the rarest of the window frame colors is (for those 1x4x3
windows)?

Probably black.  Not too many made in that color. And I'm sure that
the lattice type frames (which come in several colors) have some rare
colors as well.

I have a at least 2 (unbroken) black window frames (and shutters) from
the Battrax :) (one of the sets in the collection I bought that doubled
mine 4-5 years ago (it's already that long ago?!?)).  I have a few white
and yellow frames, and very few blue frames.  What I really want, though,
is the "glass" for the windows instead of all those sectioned white
rectangles.
--Bram