 Off-Topic / Debate / 1696
Re: Squaresoft Complaints
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 15:27:41 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:
Jeff Stembel wrote:

Actually, I was sorta refering to the standard FF7 debate and the Emulation
debate.  What the heck, lets start one.  :)

Why not? It's nice to see someone who seems to have the same passions as I:
Lego's, video games, etc.

Hehe..  I like Anime(1) and AD&D, too.  :)
So, have you ever tried an emulator?  I'm currently playing the Fully
translated Seiken Densetsu 3, and it rocks!  ;)

I purchased FF7 over a year ago, and I have yet to finish it.  One reason is
probably because Square didn't finish it.  (If they finished it, why can you
get Aeris' final Limit Break on the Third CD?)

You got hers? I don't remember her too much, I finished the game, and have not
played it since.

No, but my neighbor did.  Its odd, because you can't get it(2) before the third
CD and Aeris *dies* before the third CD.  FTR, I'm still on Disc 1.  :)

Have you finished it yet?  My good characters were about 60-70th level for
the final battle.  The Boss didn't even have a chance to attack!  :)
Anyways, most of my characters are at 99th level (Except Cloud) now.  I
suppose I should see how easy the final part of the game is now.  :)  Also,
I could tell you what Final Fantasies most of those hidden places are from
if you want to know.

Not yet, I am trying to find Cloud and I can't seem to get the exact sequence
I got. Oh, I have to find another source. My characters are around, ah, 70 or
so?  I am trying to get them experienced in ALL jobs, long, but very
satisfying.

Want some help getting Cloud?  I can check at home, if you want.
Do you know the best way to get tons of Exp and JP?

I noticed some of their hidden places are from other FF's, like Black materia,
and the like. Any specifics you can recall off hand? I like the Chocobo Cannon
personally! (SQUAWK!!!) Try building that one in Lego's! :)

Um, offhand?  Lets see:
Mysidia, from FF2 & FF4;
Village of the Touzas, from FF3, I believe;
Semite (Cave/Waterfall), From FF2; and
Paramekia, from FF2.

I think I've found them all, but I can't quite remember.  I'll check when I get
home.  :)
I don't know what the Chocobo Cannon is from, and I'm sure I'd remember
something like that. (WARK!)
Also, the Chocobo named Boco is from FF5.

Every time I plan to buy it something comes up.  :/

Good game, I can recommend it, very much filled with technology though, (I
loved the scene involving Fei and his girlfriend, what's her name, the shower
scene is hilarious! Marle?) From what I saw of it, the mech's are pretty neat.
Some of the story is really out there. The intro makes you scratch your head.
What is that naked lady doing on the beach, and how did she survive the
crash?!?!?!?

I don't mind technology in an RPG if it should be there, but I feel that Final
Fantasy should have very little High Technology.  (I really liked the Giant of
Bab-il, though :)

FF5 is a great game.  The Job system is tons of fun!  The classes are really
cool, especially when you have Lenna change into Chun-Li (Monk class) :)
Also, there is a character who, when she becomes a white mage, wears what
looks like a teddy bear outfit.  The White Wizard from FF3 wears the same
outfit.(2)  Its really cute.  :)

I saw a lot of pictures and stuff from rpggamer as well, the classes looked
really interesting. Did you play it? I think it is coming to the PSX, isn't
it?

Yeah, I've played it.  The job system is really cool, especially seeing
everyone's outfits.  There are a lot of fun/cool abilities, too, Like the
Archer's Call Animals (Sucks, but a lot of fun).  It is coming to the PSX, with
two rendered movies.
Oh, Did you see the 'Teddy Bear' Outfit for FF3 at RPGamer?

Perhaps hire people who have higher than a fifty IQ?  Or maybe they could...
*Gasp!* Do a survey??

Jeff

Come, now, Jeff, what absurdity! Hire smart people! Survey?! Finding what
their best customers want and giving it to them? Honestly, they are trying to
run a business here, not serve their customer base! ;) Have a great night!

D'oh!  I forgot that those were mutually exclusive!  ;)

Scott "Boy, I am at work at 9:30PM, how are you?" Sanburn

Have my father's work habits been rubbing off on you?

Jeff

1 - I *highly* recommend Elf Princess Rane.  It has got to be one of the
funniest shows I've ever seen!  About the only thing that beats it are the
Episodes of Slayers Next with Martina.  :)

2 - IIRC the last Limit Breaks are all unlocked by items.  You get Aeris's item
on Disc 3.