 Off-Topic / Debate / 1690
Re: Squaresoft Complaints
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 01:38:57 GMT

Jeff Stembel wrote:

Actually, I was sorta refering to the standard FF7 debate and the Emulation
debate.  What the heck, lets start one.  :)

Why not? It's nice to see someone who seems to have the same passions as I:
Lego's, video games, etc.

I purchased FF7 over a year ago, and I have yet to finish it.  One reason is
probably because Square didn't finish it.  (If they finished it, why can you
get Aeris' final Limit Break on the Third CD?)

You got hers? I don't remember her too much, I finished the game, and have not
played it since.

I never got to play SaGa Frontier, 'cause my neighbor sold it before letting
me play it.  Speaking of Square U.S.A. games (Evermore), have you ever played
FF Mystic Quest?  I kinda like it, in a wierd twisted sorta way.  :)

I liked FF Mystic Quest, kind of hard, but I like it. Saga Frontier sucks, it is
almost impossible to build your characters or money, and the plot is haphazard.

Have you finished it yet?  My good characters were about 60-70th level for the
final battle.  The Boss didn't even have a chance to attack!  :)  Anyways,
most of my characters are at 99th level (Except Cloud) now.  I suppose I
should see how easy the final part of the game is now.  :)  Also, I could tell
you what Final Fantasies most of those hidden places are from if you want to
know.

Not yet, I am trying to find Cloud and I can't seem to get the exact sequence I
got. Oh, I have to find another source. My characters are around, ah, 70 or so?
I am trying to get them experienced in ALL jobs, long, but very satisfying. I
noticed some of their hidden places are from other FF's, like Black materia, and
the like. Any specifics you can recall off hand? I like the Chocobo Cannon
personally! (SQUAWK!!!) Try building that one in Lego's! :)

Every time I plan to buy it something comes up.  :/

Good game, I can recommend it, very much filled with technology though, (I loved
the scene involving Fei and his girlfriend, what's her name, the shower scene is
hilarious! Marle?) From what I saw of it, the mech's are pretty neat. Some of
the story is really out there. The intro makes you scratch your head. What is
that naked lady doing on the beach, and how did she survive the crash?!?!?!?

FF5 is a great game.  The Job system is tons of fun!  The classes are really
cool, especially when you have Lenna change into Chun-Li (Monk class) :)  Also,
there is a character who, when she becomes a white mage, wears what looks like
a teddy bear outfit.  The White Wizard from FF3 wears the same outfit.(2)  Its
really cute.  :)

I saw a lot of pictures and stuff from rpggamer as well, the classes looked
really interesting. Did you play it? I think it is coming to the PSX, isn't it?

Perhaps hire people who have higher than a fifty IQ?  Or maybe they could...
*Gasp!* Do a survey??

Jeff

Come, now, Jeff, what absurdity! Hire smart people! Survey?! Finding what their
best customers want and giving it to them? Honestly, they are trying to run a
business here, not serve their customer base! ;) Have a great night!

Scott "Boy, I am at work at 9:30PM, how are you?" Sanburn