 General / 53430
Re: Straight LEGO Country Flags of 70's and 80's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2007 03:20:49 GMT

In lugnet.general, Willy Tschager wrote:
In lugnet.general, Doug Eaton wrote:
Three sticker sheets came in the Canadian 575 - 004632 and two others.  It
appears I threw out the sheet that contained the Canadian flags as it was
empty once this was done.  The minifig stickers were 5 on a sheet and seems
to be the same as the US version.  I removed 2 and applied those to figs then
tried to carefully tear the sheet down to size.  I believe I would not have
torn this sheet or thrown out the flag sheet if there was a border around it.
This last statement is going from memory 30 years ago.

3) 004219 - with the flags of Ireland and Australia.

4) 004632 - with 2 flags of Canada

5) 003432 - with Scandinavian flags

I really wonder about the special treatment for Canadians ;-) does any of you
have a fine conspiracy theory at hand? anyway, this is data I can work with.

Hi Willy,

Sorry for another delay.  I was out of town all week and discovered I could not
get to them either.

I uploaded them to another web server and verified I can access them.  I also
edited that 80MB file into the individual sticker sheets for smaller file sizes.

http://elecbrick.dhs.org/lego/stickers/

Each sticker is provided in 4 formats: gimp native xcf, windows bitmap (normal
and zip) and png (compression 9).

The sticker sheet 004632 is just life preservers (575-2a).  I only applied one
of these stickers to a model.  The rest are falling off of the sheet because of
the age of the glue.

The sticker sheet 575-2b is the uniforms.  40% of this sheet was torn away after
I applied two stickers to figs as described above.

The sticker sheet 575-2c had the flags.  This one I do not have anymore or
cannot locate if I did keep it.

Canadians were probably given the US and European sticker sheets to keep costs
down so Samsonite did not have to create a special sticker sheet for this
market.  Of course, they did make it 5 years later.  Oh well.

Hope this helps.

Doug