 General / 53406
Re: Straight LEGO Country Flags of 70's and 80's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 10 Mar 2007 06:40:19 GMT

In lugnet.general, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Willy Tschager wrote:
   I also mailed Doug Eaton - http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=53365 but haven’t got any reply.

I finally dug out the stickers from the back of the basement again, managed to find drivers for my antique parallel port scanner and captured a 600dpi image of this:

The three flag sheets (003432, 004159, 004158) came in the Canadian 939.

Three sticker sheets came in the Canadian 575 - 004632 and two others. It appears I threw out the sheet that contained the Canadian flags as it was empty once this was done. The minifig stickers were 5 on a sheet and seems to be the same as the US version. I removed 2 and applied those to figs then tried to carefully tear the sheet down to size. I believe I would not have torn this sheet or thrown out the flag sheet if there was a border around it. This last statement is going from memory 30 years ago.

I also discovered a mint sticker sheet 4416 for 671 “Shell tanker” (Canada/Europe) and two others that I could not remember where they came from:
• 004252 4 small LEGO logos
• 4318 Shell set with minifig and 6 small logos

I sent the hi-res image to Willy as my web server is very low on disk space.

Doug