 General / 53408
Re: Straight LEGO Country Flags of 70's and 80's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 11 Mar 2007 20:11:47 GMT

In lugnet.general, Doug Eaton wrote:
In lugnet.general, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:
In lugnet.general, Willy Tschager wrote:
I also mailed Doug Eaton - http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=53365 but
haven't got any reply.

I finally dug out the stickers from the back of the basement again, managed
to find drivers for my antique parallel port scanner and captured a 600dpi
image of this: <<http://www.elecbrick.com/images/FlagScanSmall.png>>

The three flag sheets (003432, 004159, 004158) came in the Canadian 939.

Three sticker sheets came in the Canadian 575 - 004632 and two others.  It
appears I threw out the sheet that contained the Canadian flags as it was
empty once this was done.  The minifig stickers were 5 on a sheet and seems
to be the same as the US version.  I removed 2 and applied those to figs then
tried to carefully tear the sheet down to size.  I believe I would not have
torn this sheet or thrown out the flag sheet if there was a border around it.
This last statement is going from memory 30 years ago.

I also discovered a mint sticker sheet 4416 for 671 "Shell tanker"
(Canada/Europe) and two others that I could not remember where they came
from:¬ • 004252 4 small LEGO logos¬  • 4318 Shell set with minifig and 6
small logos

I sent the hi-res image to Willy as my web server is very low on disk space.

Doug

many, many thx for all the effort - also for the minifig and LEGO sign sheets!
do I understand correctly when you say that the sticker sheet number with the
canadian flags is 004632? quite an odd numbering:

1) 004158 - with the flags of Germany, Netherlands, Britain, Austria,
Switzerland and Italy.

2) 004159 - with the flags of Portugal, Belgium, France, Japan, USA, and LEG0.

3) 004219 - with the flags of Ireland and Australia.

4) 004632 - with 2 flags of Canada

5) 003432 - with Scandinavian flags

I really wonder about the special treatment for Canadians ;-) does any of you
have a fine conspiracy theory at hand? anyway, this is data I can work with.

w.