 General / 4737
4736  |  4738
Subject:
Reconstructing second hand LEGO sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 19 Jun 1999 02:33:13 GMT

   I recently bought a medium size jumble of LEGO pieces and am trying to
sleuth out and reconstruct the original sets (there are no instructions).  I've
done extensive browsing through the Fibblesnork LEGO Guide identifying
candidate sets from some of the unique pieces in the mix and have had some
small successes.  The going is slow and I am hampered by the previous owner's
apparent tendency to lose LEGO pieces.  With substantial numbers of parts
missing from the sets I believe I am reconstructing I'm not 100% sure I'm
reconstructing the correct sets.  I know most of the sets are from the Classic
Space, Blacktron I, Space Police, Futuron, and M-Tron, with a couple from Town
and at least one Technic set.

   Is there any reference material available which catalogs the sets that
specific parts appeared in?  With this in hand I could much more easily choose
candidate sets for reconstruction.  I feel like an archaeologist holding a
femur and a tooth figuring out what dinosaur they came from!

   Any help is appreciated.

Brian