 General / 4745
Re: Reconstructing second hand LEGO sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 19 Jun 1999 20:40:02 GMT

Robert Brunskill wrote in message ...

----------
In article <FDK2ps.CGo@lugnet.com>, "Brian H. Nielsen"
<70401.2635@compuserve.com> wrote:

   For the sets I think I've identified I've gone to K Loch's Instruction • Scans
site and worked through the reconstructions substituting off-color parts • as
needed just to make progress.   But the trouble is not with the sets I • can
easily pick out from unique parts I have but for unique parts I can't • find in
the pictorial references.

   As an example, I have a blue torso minifig with white line drawings • for 2
pockets separated by 6 vertically aligned dots as buttons and V-shaped • lapels.
I need some way other than wading through hundreds of set pics to • identify
what
sets he might belong in.  This would give me clues as to what unique • parts are
in those sets that I might have in this jumble.

This sounds like a typical Lego construction worker from around the early
80's. It's been used in a lot of sets.

One place to look at minifigs is the Fibblesnork guide. Within the themes it
covers (I don't think it covers all themes), you can get to a display of all
the minifigs, from which you can find out what sets each minifig is in.