 General / 4741
Re: Reconstructing second hand LEGO sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 19 Jun 1999 05:04:48 GMT

----------
In article <FDK2ps.CGo@lugnet.com>, "Brian H. Nielsen"
<70401.2635@compuserve.com> wrote:

   For the sets I think I've identified I've gone to K Loch's Instruction • Scans
site and worked through the reconstructions substituting off-color parts as
needed just to make progress.   But the trouble is not with the sets I can
easily pick out from unique parts I have but for unique parts I can't find in
the pictorial references.

   As an example, I have a blue torso minifig with white line drawings for 2
pockets separated by 6 vertically aligned dots as buttons and V-shaped lapels.
I need some way other than wading through hundreds of set pics to identify • what
sets he might belong in.  This would give me clues as to what unique parts are
in those sets that I might have in this jumble.

This sounds like a typical Lego construction worker from around the early
80's. It's been used in a lot of sets.

   Another example:  I have a yellow 2x2 plate with a vertically attached
segment having 4 beveled edges leading to a connector stub.  Attached to the
connector stub is a black "+" shaped piece with 2 studs on each arm and a hole
in the middle allowing the whole thing to spin on the connector stub axis. I
should be able to find the part number for this in a pictorial parts • reference,
but I need the next step telling me what sets that part was used in.

This sounds like a helicopter propeller piece.

Sorry if it's not too helpful, but town is not my thing...

Try this link:

http://www.lugnet.com/inv/

It has inventories for a lot of sets, mostly in the town theme. If you
follow the links you can get a piece listing, such as:

http://www.lugnet.com/inv/tv/piece.pml

Hope that helps.

Rob