 General / 4914
Re: Reconstructing second hand LEGO sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 22:26:24 GMT

In lugnet.general, Heather Patey writes:
Brian, don't rule out the possibility that the former owner had a set of just
minifigs: 6703, for example, would take up four different colour Futuron figs.

   I've looked st the minifig sets, but mine don't seem to match.  I've got 10
futuron minifigs: 2 all black torsos, 2 all blue torsos, 1 blue/white torso,
and 5 black/white torsos.  The minifig sets I see all include several other
color minifigs.  One all black torso goes in the 6882 Walking Astro Grappler,
but I'm still searching (in vain) for what other sets to put the minifigs in
(especially the 5 black/white torsos).

Technic sets, too, seem just about impossible to identify from a pile
of elements.

   I've found that out.  Even though there appears to be only 1 technic set in
this pile I'm still baffled as to what it was.  I have 21 technic beams (10
black, 4 yellow, 6 yellow 1x2, 1 blue), a technic seat, 2 shock absorbers, 5
axles of varied sizes, 1 large pulley, and various bushings that lock at
angles.  There are no connector pegs.  I was thinking it might be a motorcycle
of some sort, but came up empty.

Brian