 General / 42388
Re: High praise for Designer Set #4100
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 07:28:01 GMT

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
   Indeed. Here’s an idea about idea books.

I am picking up from this dead thread because:
a) the local TRU had these in a while back, but they quickly sold out, and I only noticed the shelf space afterwards
b) I just picked up #4101 and am mightily impressed with it

Larry’s idea is actually not as strange as it sounds -- the idea of marketing this set as a BOOK that comes with the needed bricks is not at all a bad idea. Kind of like that Klutz “Lego Crazy Action Contraptions” book that was available some time ago. I might have changed the look of this instructional manual though: I’d give it a stiff cardboard cover with a glossy full color printed cover.

This Designer set is the one I will point to the next time I see someone standing in the aisle with me, staring at the bionickles, and lamenting how “legos” ain’t like they were when they were younger.

Designer sets should maybe have a newsgroup of their own -- I mean if something as lame as “Galidork” gets a newsgroup, this certainly merits at least a subgroup or something.

TLC may need help calling attention to this stuff. Properly marketed, this kind of set is the future of TLC (and hopefully the death of stuff like Galidork, bioknuckles, and non-standard and therefore almost useless technic).

TLC, if you are listening: More Please. This is the ****, Baby!

-- Hop-Frog