 General / 41962
Re: High praise for Designer Set #4100
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 20 Apr 2003 17:40:54 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ronald Vallenduuk writes:
The morning after I read your review I got the set for my birthday! You're
absolutely right. But rather than just a 'metoo' post I wanted to add
something.
What I really like about the models (I've only built a few so far) is that
none of them is perfect. That may seem like a strange comment on such a
great set, but what I mean is this: hardly any of them would be built the
way they're built now if you had an unlimited supply of bricks. So they're
basically made the way children build (and some of us less affluent
AFOL's...). Just make do with what you have. I think that will inspire
creativity much more than any HP or SW set, no matter how great they look.

I think you just put into words what I was trying to describe to my wife
about this set.  I bought it with great enthusiasm after reading the intial
review and love it. It really helps me think what to do and I take it on the
road with me in a little ziploc bag. That way when I'm sitting in the hotel
room I can try different stuff and I don't have access to my collection so
I'm forced to think about what I'm doing.

Lego, you really got back to the move that brought you to the dance in the
first place!!!!!  Way to go.