 General / 41971
Re: High praise for Designer Set #4100
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 21 Apr 2003 18:39:34 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Allan Bedford writes:

Thanks again to LEGO for such good work.

All the best,
Allan B.

(1) This is based on a regular retail price of $29.99 and the piece count
which is 290.  I was glad to find the set was on sale for only $26.99.  All
prices in Canadian dollars.

-Gratuitus Snippage.

Allen,

I can't agree more. Ya hoo to the Lego Company. I had to have one of these (at
least) and I picked up the 4101 Wild Collection. Why? It was the Chameleon
model on the box, it's too cool for words! Well, I have to say, the parts are
fun and the colors are great. I actually have all the poarts still in the box
and I am constantly messing with them. I mean it's like the old days of just
building something with no set plan and the limitations of not haveing 100,000
bricks at my fingertips. The idea book is helpful too. I started out with some
of the main models and then started to just build what ever by grabbing bits
and going to town.

I think perhaps the best part is the parts selection based on the overall
theme. The clear pod racer fins for wings will be so handy on other stuff it's
just freaky. I love it.

The new designer sets remind me of 722, 733 and 744 from the early eighties.
These are still some of my most favorite sets. The parts and color selections
are obviously dated, but these are still some well thought out sets. The
Designer sets are much like this.

No complaints here, I just need to get paid so I can pick up more sets!

Greg Howell