 General / 41842
Re: High praise for Designer Set #4100
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 13 Apr 2003 23:12:03 GMT

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.general, Allan Bedford writes:
In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek writes:

This

(idea book)

is an absolutely awesome idea. Done right it would be hundreds of
pages, though... wonder if there would be a market for it. I'd buy one though!

Me too.  There is always more to learn.

I know that in talking to parents, and from some of the emails I've received
via my website, that Idea Books in general are in at least moderate demand.
A full-blown product, along this line, would hopefully sell well on its own,
while at the same time adding to sales of the Designer Sets.  Let's keep our
fingers crossed.  :)

Indeed. Here's an idea about idea books.

What if TLC went with an alternate distribution channel? We know that sets
seem to have shorter and shorter lifespans on store shelves these days what
with faster rotation and so forth. Rather than just distributing to toy
stores, what if TLC also distributed to booksellers, Amazon.com, etc... get
the idea book an ISBN number and see if it can sell that way too.

Just an idea.

And a good one.  All I can say is, I agree.  I've seen Mindstorms books in
brick and mortar stores, why not an Idea Book of some kind?   If not the
Designer Sets book, then a more generalized one?  I realize the Mindstorms
books aren't LEGO company items, but they did put out the Ultimate LEGO
book, so there is precedent for a book-type product to be released.

Regards,
Allan B.