 General / 41975
Re: High praise for Designer Set #4100
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 21 Apr 2003 21:11:37 GMT

Cool model! What set do you mean though? 770?
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/387 hardly looks like a helicopter to me....

Duq

"Allan Bedford" <ExpertBuilder-DELETE-TO-REPLY@apotome.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.general, Ronald Vallenduuk writes:

What I really like about the models (I've only built a few so far) is • that
none of them is perfect. That may seem like a strange comment on such a
great set, but what I mean is this: hardly any of them would be built the
way they're built now if you had an unlimited supply of bricks. So • they're
basically made the way children build (and some of us less affluent
AFOL's...). Just make do with what you have.

That's a perfect encapsulation of how I feel about the types of models you
can build with these sets.  Especially the last line.

So, to have some fun with that idea, I decided to sit down and build to a
goal, using just the pieces in the 4100 set.  Here are the results:

http://www.apotome.com/lego/misc/flight.jpg

Inspired by the helicopter in the #387 Rescue Vehicles set.

I think that will inspire
creativity much more than any HP or SW set, no matter how great they • look.

Limitations are often a great help when it comes to inspiring creative • works.

Best regards,
Allan B.