 General / 41933
Re: High praise for Designer Set #4100
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 18 Apr 2003 21:18:47 GMT

My only beef, mentioned elsewhere, is with the use of click hinges. I like
the older 2-3 fingered plate hinges better.

Both have their place, but I think the click hinges are definitely better
for younger kids for two reasons:

* click hinges are easier to manipulate for younger children due to their
more limited strength and dexterity
* although not able to be put in any angle, they are much stronger in the
permitted angles than a regular hinge and this is important for any
weight-bearing structure (look at the crab in one of the designer creatures
sets)

For proof of the amazing strength of click hinges, see my ancient post about
my experiements in this regard:

http://news.lugnet.com/loc/au/?n=1958

Kerry