 General / 41932
Re: A Three Year Old Lego Purist
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 18 Apr 2003 21:02:19 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Max has helped me clean and sort used Lego purchases a number of times.
When I find the occasional clone brick I throw it a way - he was doing the
same thing.  I am so proud of him.

In a way, this is a bit scarey too because it illustrates how much power a
parent has to shape the values of a child, whether consciously or
unconsciously, whether for good or for ill! Imagine our outrage if the story
was of young Max throwing away a "black" instead of a "block" because of
something Daddy did or said.

It reminds me of an advert here on television some years ago which consisted
of some young children play-acting drinking beer and then arguing with each
other. The voice-over at the end was "every move you make, every drink you
take, someone is watching you".

Kerry