 General / 41926
Re: A Three Year Old Lego Purist
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 18 Apr 2003 19:04:05 GMT

Yea, Max!!!!! Woohoo! Better keep him.....he's a good egg!!!!

Play on, Dudes!!!!
Mike

In lugnet.general, Bob Hayes writes:
My wife called me a work yesterday to tell me that our 3-year old son, Max,
wanted to throw away one of his bricks.

He was building a tower - carefully selecting each brick.  My wife noticed
that he got up, went into the kitchen and put something in the trash can.
She asked what he threw away and he responded, "a block."  "Why did you
throw your block away," she asked.  He responded, "It's not Lego."  She
thought that he ment it was another type of building block had gotten mixed
in with the Duplo and went to get it out of the trash can, the whole time
explaining that you throw away things that are not broken.

She looked in the trash can and was suprised to see a blue plastic brick.
She picked it up and said, "Max, this is Duplo."  "No its not, it does not
have letters." he responed.  "What are you talking about?"  In a tight jawed
voice, "The letters in the holes!"  That is when she noticed the that block
from the trash can did not have holes in the studs - a closer look reveled
the word "TYCO" on the top of the brick.  She almost fell over she was
laughing so hard.

Max has helped me clean and sort used Lego purchases a number of times.
When I find the occasional clone brick I throw it a way - he was doing the
same thing.  I am so proud of him.

Bob Hayes