 General / 41963
Re: High praise for Designer Set #4100
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 21 Apr 2003 03:05:11 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ronald Vallenduuk writes:

What I really like about the models (I've only built a few so far) is that
none of them is perfect. That may seem like a strange comment on such a
great set, but what I mean is this: hardly any of them would be built the
way they're built now if you had an unlimited supply of bricks. So they're
basically made the way children build (and some of us less affluent
AFOL's...). Just make do with what you have.

That's a perfect encapsulation of how I feel about the types of models you
can build with these sets.  Especially the last line.

So, to have some fun with that idea, I decided to sit down and build to a
goal, using just the pieces in the 4100 set.  Here are the results:

http://www.apotome.com/lego/misc/flight.jpg

Inspired by the helicopter in the #387 Rescue Vehicles set.

I think that will inspire
creativity much more than any HP or SW set, no matter how great they look.

Limitations are often a great help when it comes to inspiring creative works.

Best regards,
Allan B.