 General / 41835
Re: High praise for Designer Set #4100
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 13 Apr 2003 17:24:47 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Allan Bedford writes:
(1) This is based on a regular retail price of $29.99 and the piece count
which is 290.  I was glad to find the set was on sale for only $26.99.  All
prices in Canadian dollars.

Hmmm...interesting.

I have yet to see these sets in the flesh/ABS so my next comment is more
speculative than yours from experience.  The database shows a price of $20
USD for 290 pcs. and that is only around 0.07 cents (just under actually) an
element for the states and that would make this set an even better deal.

Larry is right about when TLC gets it very right.  These designer sets look
great for basic elements and such.  I'm fairly impressed with the SW Mini
sets that I obtained at a slight discount.  I'd really like to see TLC throw
its weight behind these kinds of product lines instead of the action
figure-like bionickles stuff.  Anything lego tends to be at least fair to
good, but they should really be aiming for "great" -- and some of these new
product lines are great!

Hopefully TLC people are reading Lugnet today.

-- Hop-Frog