 General / 38345
  Marsek Blue might be available soon... S@H FAll 2002

I just got new Fall 2002 catalog and on the cover is the new 4728 Escape from Privet Drive set. The Car is quite prominent and might be the light blue (NOT sand blue) from Life on Mars, but it sure looks like the pictures of Marsek Blue I have seen (...) (22 years ago, 11-Sep-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Marsek Blue might be available soon... S@H FAll 2002

"Mike Petrucelli" <lordi@erols.com> wrote in message news:H2A5zy.KrH@lugnet.com... (...) from (...) (NOT (...) Marsek (...) Cary Clark and I were discussing this set just yesterday. I think the color is light blue and not Maersk Blue. Cary has a (...) (22 years ago, 11-Sep-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Marsek Blue might be available soon... S@H FAll 2002

(...) Hi Mike, Can you scan the new sets on the catalog, and put them on-line? I'd really love to see what is coming this season, but the local retailers have not yet received the September-December catalogs... :-/ Thanks, Pedro (22 years ago, 11-Sep-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Marsek Blue might be available soon... S@H FAll 2002

(...) I think it is medium blue. Medium Blue is much more mainstream than light blue is. AFIK light blue as been in 2 sets: (URL) (the rounded bricks in the back of the set) and (URL) (the arches under the bathtub) The medium blue has been in much (...) (22 years ago, 11-Sep-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Marsek Blue might be available soon... S@H FAll 2002

Your "medium blue" is what everybody I talk to means by light blue. In other words, the light blue that is not sand blue in Life on Mars. (22 years ago, 11-Sep-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Marsek Blue might be available soon... S@H FAll 2002

(...) There certainly is a good deal of confusion on BrickLink about what is medium blue and what is light blue. I called the 2x4 plate in the #7310 LOM Mono Jet "light blue" because it is certainly lighter than blue. Henry Lim's tower of colors (...) (22 years ago, 11-Sep-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Marsek Blue might be available soon... S@H FAll 2002

(...) It is 278 pieces and three mini-figs at $29.99. That is a really good price point for all of those really good peices in those cool colors. -Mike Petrucelli (22 years ago, 11-Sep-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.harrypotter)

  The shades of blue (Re: Marsek Blue might be available soon... S@H FAll 2002)

(...) Well, what would Peeron cal the light blue in this set: (URL) (the rounded bricks in the back) I think the colors Peeron uses are not 100% accurate, or up-to-date. There are these shades of blue: Blue (found everywhere) Sand Blue (found in LOM (...) (22 years ago, 11-Sep-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Marsek Blue might be available soon... S@H FAll 2002

(...) (NOT (...) Well aside from Galidor and Bionicle stuff, the only new things are the Santa Fe cars and the Harry Potter sets which already have pics posted in the respective groups. -Mike Petrucelli (22 years ago, 11-Sep-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Marsek Blue might be available soon... S@H FAll 2002

(...) Oh, I see. Thanks, Mike! Pedro (22 years ago, 11-Sep-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: The shades of blue (Re: Marsek Blue might be available soon... S@H FAll 2002)

(...) The 'sand blue' is in the Martian LOM sets. Medium blue is in the 'Human' LOM sets. Yes LOM actually used 2 non-standard blue colors. -Mike Petrucelli (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: The shades of blue (Re: Marsek Blue might be available soon... S@H FAll 2002)

(...) Probably. . .TLC seems to come out with new colors all the time, and very few people have enough variety of sets to make detailed comparisons (especially since so many obscure colors seem to appear in Scala and Belville). Color charts have (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  All The Pretty Colors (Re: The shades of blue (Re: Marsek Blue might be available soon))

(...) Oh I agree completely. After looking at the different color pages out there I honestly think Bricklink is the best. That seems to be the only one that is constantly updated and maintained. Colors there are taken very seriously among the people (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: The shades of blue (Re: Marsek Blue might be available soon... S@H FAll 2002)

(...) I have to disagree with this comment. Sand blue is also found in all the Studio Monster sets. (...) MichLUG - (URL) Page - (URL) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: All The Pretty Colors (Re: The shades of blue (Re: Marsek Blue might be available soon))

(...) We also need a standard that once a color is named something, the name doesn't get changed. I call your medium blue light blue because at the time, it was the lightest blue. Sure, there is a new, lighter blue in the new Belville sets, but I (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.db.brictionary)

Does Harry have a double faced head??? Wow. I hope so! Dean "Mark P" <mark@landofbricks.com> wrote in message news:H2AEKw.Lzu@lugnet.com... (...) Escape (...) blue (...) color (...) placed (...) set) (...) the (...) still (...) for (...) I'll (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: The shades of blue (Re: Marsek Blue might be available soon... S@H FAll 2002)

(...) Yes it does. Sorry, I meant to put 'mostly' and not 'only'. But I think it is safe to say that sand blue is mainly associated with the LOM sets. Sorry for the typo. Mark P (URL) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: The shades of blue (Re: Marsek Blue might be available soon... S@H FAll 2002)

Thomas, How about this? (URL) created it today based on your suggestions. It still needs alot of info, but I have several color knowledgable people that will help me fill it out. It's based on the Bricklink color system, since that is the one I (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Color Chart [Re: The shades of blue]

(...) I think this looks like an excellent reference to distinguish colors, find names for colors, and see what colors have been produced. I hope this can be common ground as a complete, canonical list of colors. Although the grid for notes at the (...) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Lego Color Tree

Thomas, Thanks for the suggestions. I renamed and moved the page here: (URL) think Tree is a better name, now that the page will cover more than just comparisons. The Tree shows comparisons between known Lego colors. There is a companion Roots table (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Marsek Blue might be available soon... S@H FAll 2002

(...) My question: are the slopes on the roof dark gray? -John (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Marsek Blue might be available soon... S@H FAll 2002

(...) Hi John, I got this set yesterday. Car is LOM light blue and the slopes are indeed dark gray. I really like the set. Best, Jonathan (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.harrypotter)