 General / 32245
Re: Finding Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 20:49:15 GMT

In lugnet.general, Thomas (T. J.) Avery writes:
I found a 2x2 yellow Duplo block in the street one day.

On the other hand, I've lost many pieces. I know we've all done that, but
I've had some spectacular mishaps.

Example: I received set 6940 (Alien Moon Stalker) one day on a trip to town
(30 miles from my house). I built it on the way home in the back seat of the
car. We stopped at a Wal-Mart and somehow I managed to drop the thing in the
parking lot. It exploded on the ground shooting bricks underneath adjacent
cars. I recovered most of it, but still missed some pieces.

So, somebody else found Lego that day.

T. J.

Ouch!  I had a similiar experience once.  When I was 9 years old I was getting
into a car with an opened 395 Power Truck and my knee hit the underside of the
box and the lid flipped open and threw dozens and dozens of pieces into a leaf-
covered lawn.  No telling how many pieces I lost.  Somehow, though, I was still
able to build it with help from the rest of my collection.  Close call.

james