 General / 31010
  Pre-Fathers Day LEGO Present Delivered to Work

I got this basket of LEGO delivered to my work on Friday as a pre-fathers day present. (URL) wife was the culprit! I was rather embarrassed. Most of the people in my department know I do LEGO, but not the people at the front desk. I wonder what they (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

  Re: Pre-Fathers Day LEGO Present Delivered to Work

(...) I'm having trouble parsing this... was it a present to a pre-father or a pre-(offical)day present or a pre-day present to a pre-father??? :-) But anyway, I am jealous. My wife asked me what I wanted for Father's day, I said "Lego" and she (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

  Re: Pre-Fathers Day LEGO Present Delivered to Work

Hi Larry, It was a pre-father's day present to a pre-father. She wanted it delivered to work so she couldn't do it on father's day. I have spent the last 2 years educating my wife that I don't want clothes for any sort of holiday. To me, clothes are (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

  Re: Pre-Fathers Day LEGO Present Delivered to Work

Teriffic! wow, she loves ya, what a good present (basket) !!! Father to be huh! congrats to you both! Eric P.S> sorry Lar, I know what you mean, all of my family knows I build Robots and I love Lego, but I hardly get any around the holidays!!!! (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

  Re: Pre-Fathers Day LEGO Present Delivered to Work

(...) Um... Um... OK, got something I can say that isn't TOO bad. "When temptation comes along, give in to it, it might not come back your way again"... (23 years ago, 16-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

  Re: Pre-Fathers Day LEGO Present Delivered to Work

Well Brad it looks like you have a few days of torture to ponder what you will do with those pieces. I can't wait to see the LoM tires in your next power plant! (just a suggestion) I have to add that I am jealous. My family knows I like Lego but I (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

  Re: Pre-Fathers Day LEGO Present Delivered to Work

Hmm - I was wondering what to do with those tires. I did use tires once in a power plant so maybe that is a good idea. Luckily, ALL my relatives know I want LEGO and they comply! We are looking for blocks for the young one, but keep deciding to hold (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

Thanks, Here is a picture of the "gift-giver" (no baby yet in this picture - in fact, I think we had only been dating about 3 weeks in this shot.) (URL) Sophie <Legomaster@gobi.com> wrote in message news:GF19Dy.J4v@lugnet.com... (...) Robots (...) (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

  Re: Pre-Fathers Day LEGO Present Delivered to Work

Coool, it's been awhile since I visited your site, thanks, all those Green quarter domes....<drool>.... Shelly looks like a wonderful lady. Right on. C-ya Eric (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

  Re: Pre-Fathers Day LEGO Present Delivered to Work

They could be fuel tanks or rotating turbines or have each one on an arm 120 degrees apart whirling around or... You're really good at finding new uses for pieces. Thats what I really enjoy about Lego - seeing what unique uses people come up with (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

  Re: Pre-Fathers Day LEGO Present Delivered to Work

Actually, i've seen tons of Green quarter-domes on Brickbay lately for less than $5. You should check it out! A lot of people seem to be liquidating 6199 sets. I bought about 3 of these and got additional trans-green parts from other folks. (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

Rick Kujawa <spacerocks@iname.com> wrote in message news:GF1HyL.GEL@lugnet.com... (...) Actually, we are thinking that the plain wooden blocks might be the best to start. My parents tell me that I started playing with these at only 8 months old! (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

  Re: Pre-Fathers Day LEGO Present Delivered to Work

Hmmm, maybe I'll check it out. Thanks, I'm going home now, all done for the day, no issues to report. C-ya Eric (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

  Re: Pre-Fathers Day LEGO Present Delivered to Work

(...) Wood blocks are neat too. Esp. for an infant. I always played with stuff made for older kids too. If you go by the specified ages we would of had to quit Lego at 10. I think I was 3 when I started Lego until about 12 then the dark ages came. (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

  Re: Pre-Fathers Day LEGO Present Delivered to Work

(...) I wish... (...) Babies are the greatest! Congratulations! Primo baby bricks rock - especially the ones with rattles inside them! My Lily can stack them, and she can't walk yet. Of course, knocking down what Mommy and Daddy build is more fun (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

Rick Kujawa <spacerocks@iname.com> wrote in message news:GF1L7p.n3t@lugnet.com... (...) regular (...) into (...) No way! He's going to college or else! I suppose he could end up being a bum philospher or theoretical mathematician, but that would be (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

I've been checking out the Primo's. What's the minimum age? Tanya Burkhart <TatyanaI@cableone.net> wrote in message news:GF1M2B.1vI@lugnet.com... (...) off. (...) need (...) Duplos. (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

  Re: Pre-Fathers Day LEGO Present Delivered to Work

No wooden blocks, go with LEGO Primo, then you can transition into Duplo. The Primos have bricks that will allow the Duplos to connect to them. My son was stacking the Primos at 6 months. Well it's more like I was building and he was smashing down. (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

  Re: Pre-Fathers Day LEGO Present Delivered to Work

(...) I was thinking of a hobby that has nothing to do with plastic (metalurgy) not a vocation. How about an excentric physicist who builds nanomachines? (23 years ago, 17-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

  Re: Pre-Fathers Day LEGO Present Delivered to Work

(...) 6 months. -Shiri (23 years ago, 17-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

Brad Hamilton wrote in message ... (...) Yes, my daughter couldn't deal with Duplo at all - it was too stiff for her to get together OR apart. Kevin ---...--- Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: (URL) Lego parts store: (URL) Lego auctions: (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

  Re: Pre-Fathers Day LEGO Present Delivered to Work

(...) I agree with James. Dispense with the wooden blocks and go with Primo but don't get too much (get more Duplo and then get WAY more LEGO!), just put out the word to a few people and you'll get more than enough. As for the age thing, don't keep (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

  Re: Pre-Fathers Day LEGO Present Delivered to Work

(...) Heh. :) My wife was the culprit here, too. My father's day present feeds my other hobby(1), though. How many guys can say they got a 28 pound anvil for father's day AND that it was exactly what they wanted. :) :) James 1:SCA (23 years ago, 17-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

Thanks for the advice Maggie, We'll keep that in mind! Maggie Cambron <mcambron@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:GF24vC.CEx@lugnet.com... (...) son (...) and (...) out (...) six (...) as (...) means (...) perhaps (...) play (...) her (...) puts (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

  Re: Pre-Fathers Day LEGO Present Delivered to Work

(...) Maybe the box *says* 6 months- but they're definitely large enough not to be a choking hazard (duh! - why don't I tell you something you don't already know) and the little ones really like the bright colors, and can manage to grab and shake (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

Brad Hamilton wrote in message ... (...) Society for Creative Anachronism. Dressing up in funny clothes and doing one or more of: hitting other people with rattan sticks (and them hitting you) poking other people with fiberglass rods (and them (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

  Re: Pre-Fathers Day LEGO Present Delivered to Work

(...) (yup) (...) Yes. No. Maybe. :/ The only thing I know for certain is that I can't get Clinton work week off, so if I come out, it's just for the weekend, and possibly just for Sunday. A great deal depends on how many other people from our (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

  Re: Pre-Fathers Day LEGO Present Delivered to Work

I think that the reason Duplo isn't recommended for infants isn't because of choking hazard, but because of the sharp corners. Primo pieces have rounded corners. BTW, Primo also makes a great toy for dogs. Our Boston Terrier absolutely loves chewing (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

  Re: Pre-Fathers Day LEGO Present Delivered to Work

(...) Well, I am not a male but I am glad my husband lets me have LEGO whenever :) For Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner! And if I am lucky... Dessert! *yum* Time to make a Choc Brick Sundae! Mel (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

"Brad Hamilton" <bhamilto1@home.com> wrote in message news:GF11x6.2nL@lugnet.com... (...) I'm just catching up with some posts, so belated Congrats. Also, I couldn't help but notice the pack of Lindt Lindor Truffles (Dark chocolate) in your basket. (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people)